If you’re in the market for an insurance policy for your pet then you might have come across Embrace Pet Insurance review and Embrace Pet Insurance, a multi-awarded pet insurance company that was founded in 2003.
In this article, we provide you with information about Embrace Pet Insurance’s coverage to help you decide if it’s right for you and your pet. We answer questions like:
- Is Embrace Pet Insurance accepted everywhere?
- Does the Embrace Pet Insurance premium increase every year?
- What benefits does it offer?
- What benefits doesn’t it cover and where does it fall short?
Read this article to find out.
|Name of Insurance Provider||Embrace Pet Insurance|
|Year of Establishment||2003|
|Key Features||Flexible coverage, Hassle-free claims, A+ rating from BBB|
|Waiting Period||14 Day illness wait|
Embrace Pet was born in 2003 as a concept that won the Wharton Business Plan Competition in the same year. They sold their first pet insurance policy three years later and went on to receive multiple awards like the International Service Excellence Award in 2019.
More recently and for the seventh time, they were recognized as a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio in June 2021.
They have multiple key partnerships. For their pet insurance policies, they teamed up with Geico, a long-time auto insurance company that has been around since 1936. They have also partnered with PawSupport, American Modern Insurance Group, Armed Forces Insurance, and the Helen Woodward Animal Center.
Such partnerships have allowed them to grow their business and expand their coverage, offer additional service features, and participate in corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Embrace is regarded as one of the best insurance companies for first-time pet insurance policy holders for several reasons:
- FREE MEDICAL HSTORY ASSESSMENT AND 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: When you enroll, the company will review your pet’s veterinary records for free and will let you know if they find any potential pre-existing conditions that they won’t cover, and if their assessment and coverage limitations reveal something you don’t like, you can have your policy canceled within 30 days and get your money back.
- DISCOUNTS AND OFFERS: There are multiple discounts that you can avail of from five to ten percent if you have two or more pets covered, are an employee, or someone in your immediate family is or was part of the Air Force, Marines, Army, Coast Guard, or Navy.
- FLEXIBLE COVERAGE: Do you want to get pet insurance but are hesitant due to the expensive fees that come with full coverage? Embrace has an accident-only policy, which only covers the most serious threats like poisoning, getting hit by a car, cuts, and lacerations. This is ideal for older pets and those with pre-existing conditions.
- DEDUCTIBLES: Your annual deductible is reduced by $50 every year that you don’t file a claim.
No pet insurance is perfect. Here are the disadvantages of Embrace’s policies:
- ABSENCE OF ZERO-DEDUCTIBLE AND UNLIMITED OPTIONS: The absence of zero-deductible and unlimited options is restrictive and your lowest deductible is $200 with a maximum $30,000 annual limit.
- EXPENSIVE WELLNESS REWARDS PRODUCT: Embrace offers a Wellness Rewards product, a non-insurance, preventative care option that reimburses grooming, training, etc. However, the cost is high and has a cap of $650 in benefits annually.
- PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS MAY NOT BE COVERED: Embrace may cover it if your pet goes a year without treatment or symptoms related to a pre-existing condition. Otherwise, it’s considered incurable and will not be covered.
- HIDDEN FEES: You may be surprised to find that Embrace will charge you a $25 enrollment fee and an additional $1 monthly processing fee if you choose to pay your premiums on a monthly basis.
|Treatments||Included in Plan?|
|Hereditary and Congenital Conditions||No|
|Cremation and burial||Yes|
|Lab Tests, X-Rays and Ultrasounds||Yes|
|Prescription Dog Food||Yes|
What Does Embrace Cover?
Embrace Pet Insurance’s accident and illness plan covers the following:
- Examination fees
- Hospitalization costs
- Dental health check-ups and treatments
- Preventive care
- Holistic care
- Behavioral treatment
- Cremation and burial
Does Embrace pet insurance cover prescription dog food? Yes, if you get the optional Wellness Reward Plan.
Also Read: How To Give A Dog Medicine?
Embrace reimburses owners’ medical expenses for a pet that may arise due to an unintentional accident as well as illnesses and health conditions that develop after buying the policy.
What’s Not Included?
Embrace doesn’t cover costs for pre-existing conditions. Newly enrolled pets over 14 years old are limited to accident-only coverage plans. These are the only two notable exclusions with Embrace.
Pet owners can choose between two plans: the cheaper accident-only coverage plan, and a more comprehensive accident and illness coverage plan.
The accident-only plan covers basic veterinary care, cuts, and bruises, or when a pet gets hit by a car, etc. However, only cats and dogs who are at least 15 years old are eligible for this type of coverage.
The accident and illness coverage plan covers most medical expenses like cancer, chronic conditions, congenital illnesses, and more.
Embrace offers highly customizable plans. You can choose between five deductibles, five annual limits, and three reimbursement amounts according to your needs and budget.
The company’s average dog insurance costs $30 to $40 a month while their average cat insurance is around $15 to $20 per month. Your premium will be influenced by the breed, gender, age, and where you and your pet reside.
You may end up losing a large chunk of money if you don’t use your coverage because unused funds are not rolled over
Any illness, health issue or complication that a pet has before being covered by pet insurance is considered a pre-existing condition and won’t be covered.
Embrace does not offer unlimited benefits with any of its insurance policies. The highest coverage possible is $30,000 but of course, this will affect the premiums you have to pay considerably.
How fast does Embrace pet insurance reimburse? Embrace has a fairly seamless and hassle-free process for filing claims. A claim form can be downloaded online or through their app. This claim form can be submitted via the app, email, physical mail, and fax. Reimbursements take 12 to 15 business days.
The fastest approval of policy by Embrace is for accident-only plans which have a waiting period of two days. Plans that cover illness take 14 days while pets with orthopedic conditions are the longest at six months.
Embrace Pet is lacking in a few aspects but most of its features can be customized to suit a pet owner’s needs. This allows you to only pay for coverage that’s relevant for your pet.
However, we still recommend that you go through Embrace Pet Insurance review to have as few surprises as possible after signing up.
Most users give the company a high rating but it still wouldn’t hurt if you go through Embrace Pet Insurance review on your own to see if their policies and services match your and your pet’s needs.
Does Embrace Pet Insurance Cover Vaccines?
Only the optional Wellness Rewards Plan covers vaccines.
What’s Not Covered by Embrace Pet Insurance?
Embrace doesn’t cover the following:
- Breeding and pregnancy treatments
- Pre-existing conditions
- Deliberately caused injuries
- DNA testing
- Cosmetic procedures
What Is The Cancellation Policy of Embrace?
For a full refund, you need to cancel within the first 30 days of the policy. Whereas after the first 30 days, you’ll only be eligible for a prorated refund. You can cancel through phone and email.
Is Embrace Pet Insurance Good?
If you are looking for affordable and customizable plans and are getting pet insurance for the first time, Embrace is a good place to start.
Can I Use Embrace Pet Insurance at Every Vet’s Office?
Yes. Any licensed vet, medical specialist, and hospital accepts Embrace Pet Insurance.