A good insurance plan is like lifelong security for your pet. It protects you against sudden and unforeseen expenditures. If you manage to choose the correct plan, pet insurance can be worth every penny you invest in it.
Before you make your final decision and pick a plan, we suggest you go through this Pets Best Pet Insurance review to understand what’s really on offer.
|Name of Insurance Provider||Pets Best Pet Insurance|
|Year of Establishment||2006|
|Key Features||Budget-friendly, Easy claims|
|Coverage Limits||$5,000 or unlimited|
|Waiting Period||14 Days|
Pets Best Pet Insurance was founded by Dr. Jack Stephens in 2006. Dr. Jack had previously established the first pet insurance company in the United States of America — Veterinary Pet Insurance.
Not only does Pets Best Pet Insurance have a huge network of veterinary experts, but it is also the first company to offer electronic claiming facilities. It keeps all your concerns in mind, assures you maximum coverage, offers multiple benefits, and lots of care for your pet.
There are plenty of benefits that come with enrolling in Pets Best Pet:
- DIGITAL ACCESSIBILITY: Technology lies at the foundation of Pets Best. They offer seamless online tools that make the process of filing claims or raising an issue fairly convenient.
- VET DIRECT PAY: Policyholders who have set a Vet Direct Pay account do not need to make direct payments to the vet. The amount will be directly deducted from the vet direct pay account.
- AFFORDABILITY: Plans can be customized as per your needs. The premiums are incredibly affordable and you have the option of choosing the rate of deductible, reimbursement, and coverage.
Let’s take a look at some of the drawbacks of Pets Best Pet Insurance:
- PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS: Just like any other pet insurance company, Pets Best Pet Insurance does not provide coverage for pre-existing conditions in both cats and dogs.
- CREMATION AND BURIAL: None of the Pets Best Pet Insurance policies bears the cost of cremation or burial.
- LIMITED COVERAGE OPTION: Only two coverage options are offered by Pets Best Pet Insurance — a $5000 annual limit coverage, and unlimited coverage.
Also Read: 30 Common Dog Health Problems and Solutions
What Does Pets Best Pet Insurance Cover?
Pets Best Pet Insurance covers the following:
- General vet examination fees
- Hospitalization fees
- Medical procedures
- Continued treatment costs
- Bloodwork, CAT scan, and other diagnostics
- Prosthetic devices when prescribed by a vet
|Treatments||Included in Plan?|
|Regular Vet Visits||Yes|
Pets Best Pet Insurance offers three types of plans:
- Accident and illness coverage plan
- Accident-only coverage plan
- EssentialWellness and BestWellness plan
|Accident and illness coverage plan||age-based|
|Accident-only coverage plan||$9|
|EssentialWellness and BestWellness plan||$26|
Thinking about how much does Pets Best Pet Insurance cost? Pets Best is one of the most affordable insurance service providers out there.
The illness coverage charges age-based premiums. The base price for accident-only coverage plans for dogs is $9 and for cats is $6. The price for the EssentialWellness plan is $16 and for the BestWellness plan, it is $26.
The following are included in a Pets Best Pet Insurance plan:
- Accidents, which may result in surgeries
- Prescription medications
- Dental coverage
What’s Not Included?
Does Pets Best Pet Insurance cover medications? It does not. The following are also not included within a Pets Best Pet Insurance plan:
- Testing and treatment of parasites
- Preventive care and procedures
- Experimental medications
- Administration and transportation fees
- Grooming and bathing
Any condition that is present in a pet before the start of the policy or during the waiting period is considered a pre-existing condition. No coverage is provided for such conditions.
There are two coverage limits provided by Pets Best Pet. You can choose a $5,000 limit or go for unlimited coverage.
After creating a customer account, you can file your claim via Pets Best Pet Insurance’s mobile application, or through their official website. An itemized invoice has to be submitted along with the claim to avoid any delay.
Accident-only policies have a three-day waiting period. An illness coverage plan has a 14 day waiting period. The waiting period for cruciate ligament conditions is 6 months.
With Pets Best Pet, you get what you see. The coverage they provide for the premium you pay is unbeatable. Most other commonly available insurances do not match up to Pets Best’s coverage. So, if you really want pocket-friendly pet insurance, enroll in Pets Best Pet Insurance today.
Also Read: Top Hiking Dog Breeds
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Pets Best Pet Insurance Good?
Pets Best Pet is one of the best insurance plans to go for if you are looking for general plans that can cover the cost of basic medical expenses.
Wondering how to cancel Petsbest pet insurance? The cancellation process is incredibly easy and seamless. You just need to place a call and cancel your policy.
What’s Not Covered By Pets Best Pet Insurance?
Does Pets Best cover Luxating patella? No, Pets Best Pet Insurance does not cover any hereditary conditions such as luxating patella, glaucoma, and more. The following are also excluded from the list.
- Preventive procedures.
- Pre-existing conditions.
- Holistic treatments and medications.
- Food supplements.
Does Pets Best Pet Insurance Cover Vaccines?
The add-on coverage plan by Pets Best Pet covers vaccines.
Can I Use Pets Best Pet Insurance At Every Vet’s Office?
You can use Pets Best Pet Insurance at any vet’s office in the United States of America.