Beagles have been around for hundreds of years, as early as the 1400s. Descended from hounds, these lovable companions make excellent housepets and hunting partners. They have remained a popular breed over the years. As a tribute to this wonderful and well-loved breed, we put together a collection of memorable beagle quotes gathered from all over the internet.
These quotes are sometimes sentimental, sometimes funny, but always true.
Famous Beagle Quotes
1. “Snoopy didn’t start off being a beagle, it’s just that ‘beagle’ is a funny word. It is a funny word and our goofy Snoopy here fits it just fine.” — Charles M. Schulz
What better way to start off this article than with a quote from the famous creator of the Peanuts comics, Charles M. Schulz? His character Snoopy, the black and white dog that types novels atop his dog house, may well be the most famous beagle ever.
It turns out that the cartoonist created Snoopy based on a childhood pet. He elaborates: “I patterned Snoopy in appearance after a dog I had when I was about 13 years old. His name was Spike, and he looked a little bit like the original Snoopy. But Snoopy didn’t start off being a beagle. It’s just that ‘beagle’ is a funny word.”
We couldn’t have said it better ourselves, Charles.
2. “If it’s good enough for beagles, it’s good enough for me.” — Richard Littlejohn
Here are more quotes by and for other beagle lovers like ourselves. Enjoy!
Beagle Quotes on Love and Friendship
3. “When a beagle loves you, it is a forever kind of love!”
Beagles are known for their loyalty. Indeed, their gentle, loving nature is all you need to lead a happy life.
4. “No matter why it hurts, beagles make you feel better.”
Being with a beagle will make you forget all your worries. The best kind of dog is the kind that makes you feel better.
5. “Every woman can become a mother but it takes someone special to be a beagle mom.”
For all their wonderful qualities, beagles take a lot of patience. They are quite stubborn and hard to train so we agree — props to all the beagle moms reading this right now!
6. “Home is where your beagle is.” (found on an old wooden sign)
7. “A beagle makes all the difference between coming home to an empty house and just coming home.” (random beagle quote on Facebook)
Beagles welcome you with their wagging white-tipped tails and endless enthusiasm. Any house is a home with a beagle at your side.
8. “Every once in a while a beagle enters your life and changes everything.”
All beagle lovers know that life before and after a beagle is not the same. Their irrepressible spirit and sense of adventure will change your life for the better.
Beagle Quotes on Fun, Laughter and Memories
9. “Silence is golden… unless you have a beagle then it’s just suspicious.”
All beagle owners know how true this is. Whether it’s yowling, howling, or barking, your beagle loves talking to you. It will howl, yap, and whimper to get your attention. If you have a moment of silence, something’s fishy and you should probably be suspicious.
Don’t make the mistake of leaving them alone either because they will bark their hearts out when left alone.
10. “All you need is love and a beagle.” (printed on a tote bag)
Because when you have a beagle, you have love.
11. “Beagles, first they steal your heart and then they steal your dinner.” (t-shirt quote)
We all know how bottomless beagles’ appetites can be. Beagles can never get enough treats. Their love for food and huge appetites are a perfect representation of their houndish characteristics.
A beagle is no doubt the most amazing four-footed best friend you can ask for. The companionship of a beagle is unlike anyone else’s. When they love, they love forever.
12. “I was the boss until I got a beagle.”
Beagles will take over your heart and your house but we love them for it all the same.
13. “What part of AROOOOO… didn’t you understand?”
We all know and love the sound that beagles make when they stick their muzzles high up in the air. Could there be anything more adorable?
Other Beagle Quotes
14. “Whoever said diamonds are a girl’s best friend never had a beagle.” (Written on a notebook cover)
15. “The best therapy is a beagle.”
Whatever kind of day you’re having a beagle can get you smiling and helps put things in perspective.
16. “There’s no such thing as too many beagles.”
You just can’t get enough of them.
17. “Anything your dog can do, my beagle can do better.”
18. Beagle owners: like a normal dog owner but cooler.
While we love all dogs, beagles have a special place in our hearts.
19. “Life is better with a beagle.”
Life with or without a cute beagle fur baby — which do you choose? Now that wasn’t a hard choice at all…
20. “They have to be cute so that when they come back home from scenting all night, no one will be mad at them.”
A beagle and its scent cannot be parted. We all know how beagles will endlessly follow their noses. They become so distracted that they develop selective hearing and will not respond to you until they find the scent.
21. “I don’t always look at the camera but when I do, it’s because you said treat.”
Treats and beagles always go together like peanut butter and jelly. They won’t ever say no to food.
Once You Love a Beagle…
As of 2020, beagles were the 7th most popular breed in the United States according to the American Kennel Club. Once you love a beagle, there’s just no going back. Their loyalty, warmth, and funny little quirks will find their way into your heart.
We hope that these beagle quotes we shared with you have you loving beagles even more.